In honor of this month (which has 28 days) and my current age (which I constantly forget), here are 28 things about me.
1. I sleep on my hands. I wake up every morning with my engagement ring imprinted somewhere on my cheek.
2. I taught myself how to pitch a softball (because I wanted to be like my dad) using a bucket in my backyard.
3. My favorite Christmas song is U2’s Baby, Please Come Home.
4. I was born with Spina Bifida, and yes, I still have it. Spina Bifida is not curable.
5. I once did 6 back handsprings in a row at a Gymnastics program in elementary school (which is pretty awesome considering #4).
6. I tried out for cheerleading once. I didn’t make the team.
7. My right foot is basically paralyzed. I call him “little foot” because he is also a half a size smaller than my other foot and has a super high arch. Yes, my foot is a “he.” I don’t know why; he just always has been.
8. I sucked my thumb until I was in 5th grade. The thumb guard was ridiculous, but it worked.
9. I have moderate scoliosis. Pants fit on my hips weirdly because of it. Luckily, it is not quite severe enough for surgery (yet).
10. I never owned a cat or even liked cats until I adopted Willow when I was 22. Now, I am obsessed.
11. I have had two pets in my life, both cocker spaniels, named Lady and Shadow. Lady was female, cream, and Shadow is male, black. Both were/are intelligent and extremely sweet.
12. I have a recurring dream where my Papa Leonard, who passed away in 2011, comes back from the dead, and my family just accepts it.
13. I have ridden an elephant.
14. Growing up, I wanted to be a meteorologist (and maybe still do).
15. My other grandfather, Papa Ronnie, who passed away in 2001, has a doppelganger who works in my office building.
16. My husband proposed to me in his college apartment after a nice dinner. His roommate interrupted the proposal. It was wonderfully perfect, funny, quiet, and low key!
17. My family and I were in a very serious car accident when I was in 5th grade. We are all lucky to be alive.
18. I can sing the soundtrack of Once More With Feeling (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) in its entirety, but if you ask me to, I simply will not. I am not a singer, and I would just embarrass myself.
19. My first kiss was at 16 years old (with my now husband). He is the only person I have kissed in my life…so thats a thing.
20. The only bone I have ever broken was my big toe on “little foot.”
21. I was born on a very rainy Thursday (very rainy, as my parents remind me).
22. The first cd I have bought was Savage Garden’s To the Moon and Back.
23. I could recite the entire New Testament of the Bible when I was 18 months old.
24. I didn’t walk until I was a year old.
25. I apparently eat ice cream weirdly.
26. As a child, I was obsessed with the presidents and presidential history.
27. The longest distance I have been away from home (middle Tennessee) is St. Lucia. Side note: Cheryl Burke (Dancing with the Stars) and her then-boyfriend (an Abercrombie model) were on our flight to and from St. Lucia.
28. My husband and I attract celebrities, apparently. We have had multiple celebrity sightings just out and about (Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Brady Paisley, Kimberly Williams Paisley, Hayley Williams (Paramore), Jay Demarcus (Rascal Flatts), Lucy Hale, Naomi Judd, and the list continues). We have a strict no-celebrity contact policy (unless, of course, the speak to us). I did talk to actor, Sterling Knight about nachos at the San Diego zoo.
Thanks for reading. Have a fabulous Thursday!